|SS Arrow Hi-Ball Pocket Design Notes
The SS Arrow Hi-Baller has Multiple Competitive Advantages.
1. The Hold. We're not too big on believing the hype, but this thing's way past hype.
Defensivemen are going to have to make an appointment to get the ball out. The meshis
3 diamonds wide, and the ball loves to sit in it.
2. The Shot Speed: Lucky for us, physics is not hype. The higher the ball, the more
leverage, which equals more power, which equals more speed on shots and passes. But
that's just a part of it. Because the Slings act like a sling shot. Thus the SlingShute name.
And the 10% faster shot.
3. The Channel/Chute: the two black slings hold the ball like a newborn baby, and then
direct it straight out, without any whip, but with a bunch more speed.
4. The Weight. There's not much too it. The MFL Mesh floats on water as it is.
5. The Waterproofedness. MFL is 100% waterproof. As in no more sag in the rain bag.
6. The Suspension System: the pocket's 'barely attached to the head' nature yields a
chassis like effect, where the ball is protected from checks because blows to the plastic
head do not translate to the ball.
7. The Catching: The suspension system makes for a soft pocket when catching, a good
Summary: This pocket has more hold than any we have ever seen, allowing dodges and
shots from all angles. It has greater shot speed than any we have ever seen. It catches
like soft mesh. It is deadly accurate, and boringly consistent. (because of the channels.)
Shooters and Dodgers Attackmen and Middies who like to shoot from all angles at high
The ball sits right up front, but there is no lip or whip when shooting.
Which is odd, but really cool!
The side strings do two things: they
keep the ball from falling out, and they
hold the mesh back from bunching up
The barely visible
V-String is the Shooting
String. The rest of the
stringing is to anchor
The black Para-Cord
Channels hug the ball like a
little baby, and when the stick
is cocked to shoot, direct the
ball straight out with some
|The Diamond pattern is 4 up top, then 3, then 2, then 3, then 2,
etc.....the overall pocket is the lightest in lax, which is nice.
"This pocket is one part butter knife, one part bazooka.
Making the stick a laser guided hand cannon, of sorts." Optimus Barbarus